Summer is going fast and I still remember the polar vortex all too well. What’s up with a summer polar vortex, wasn’t one vortex enough for one year? Before winter is once again upon us in the northern hemisphere, there are a few things I would like to accomplish. Remembering not getting outside for days at a time makes me want to take advantage of the fall weather. Ok, more than a few but here is the top 5:
1. Run 10 miles…at one time. Before moving into my home, I was a regular runner. Moving in and working on house projects and cutting the grass has made running a lower priority. It’s time for it to running to go up on the list again. Every week I plan to do a “long run” and add a mile to each week’s long run. This week I am starting at three miles and by the end of September will be at my goal.
2. Go to the local apple orchard. This year I had a garden over the summer and I loved using fresh tomatoes and zucchini in meals. Over the next couple of years, I hope to expand my garden every year. Pumpkins, apple cider, and apples from an orchard is one of the best parts of the fall season.
3. Make pumpkin spice lattes. It’s fall and there is nothing like pumpkin in everything. Starbucks has a winner with this one.
4. Bulk up the savings. The budget has been stretched with annual bills and home maintenance. Now that a lot of those expenses behind us, it’s time to bulk up the savings again. More posts to come on saving while eating on a mostly whole30 diet!
5. Super clean the cars, house, and yard. Yeah, I am afraid of another long winter. It’s time while the windows can be open and it’s nice to work outside to get things cleaned up.
What is on your list for this fall? Is anyone else hoping for a mild winter?
Ok, I admit. I totally meant to take one week off blogging to enjoy the holidays…that turned into 8ish months. I got out of the habit, life happened, and the habit was gone.
Almost everything is still the same–still working on the debt, still working, still working on the side hustle, and still working on the house. Just not blogging about any of it.
I wish I had something really exciting to share like all the debt is gone, my house is made over and done, and the side hustles are a breeze. It’s much more the tortoise in the tortoise and the hare…which is fine with me and every victory along the way is enjoyed that much more.
My plan is to be back blogging, now that I dipping back in, but more in the once a week range. Quality over quantity!
Have a great day and I promise no more weeks that turn into 8 months!
This week I have shared on how I am changing my schedule to reach my goals for next year…and develop long term habits for beyond my goals. The year ahead is very exciting with lots of changes, updates, and tons of hustle. The etsy shop is getting ready to launch with a limited selection to start and ever expanding.
Before kicking off next year, this next week will be a little slower. Slowing down is important to speeding up…in the right direction. Any time I take time to slow down, and allow room to think, the better the next endeavor. It’s the same with a nap. I love naps…the time after a nap is so much more productive than twice the amount of time without one.
Posts to Read this Weekend:
Blonde on a Budget is Getting Serious About Saving in 2014
Dinks Finance ask Dinks Choice: Pay off your mortgage or save your money?
Luke 1428 shares Defense Wins Championships (And Helps With Finances Too)
Modest Money explains The Importance Of Tracking Your Spending
Club Thrifty posts Cash Money: $5,650 in November Income and Blog Updates
I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead–and if my trop Target last night was any indication, shopping will be a little cray-cray.